As per IS 8887:2004
Ooms CSS-2 cationic bitumen is used for plant or in-site mixes with graded and fine aggregates.
- - Good penetration into miniature pores of sub bases.
- - Extended breaking.
- - Easy spray.
- - Penetrates the cracks & crevices and imparts strength to the layers.
- - Low temperature curing.
- - Highly adhesive properties.
- - Prevents permeability of atmospheric air to the bottom layer.
- - Binds loose aggregates together strongly.
- - Water resistant and enhances easy drainage of water.
- - Prevents raveling and rutting.
- - Compatible with Portland cement.